Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Pets

Just came home from the Vet. One of our dogs last night came in to eat and was falling down like she was dizzy. I stayed up all night watching her & today she was not any better. Took her in and she had a stroke yesterday.. The Vet says she was dizzy because her eyes were jumping back & forth. She received 4 shots & blood work. He says it can be up to 3 weeks before we know what extent the stroke had. This family of dogs goes back 21 years in our life. The ole man as we starting calling him lived to be 18. One of his off springs lived to be 10 before cancer took him. Katie the mother is 13 & she is the one that had the stroke. Little Bit was the runt of the litter & is still doing fine.
                                                                      Little Bit
 
 
I had just finished up a pet headstone for someone, thinking I dread when the time comes for me losing another one of my dogs.
 
I have not gotten around to doing a stone for the dogs that have passed of mine. Just don't like thinking about. It's funny how we treat our pets. We have spent almost as much on them as we have my whole life on myself at the doctors. Of course insurance helps me out. I'm thankful that my health has been pretty good, no pill taking yet.
 

2 comments:

  1. Dang!! We sure get attached to our furry babies don't we? I know you will make the hard right decision when the time comes cause you care so much for Katie and won't let her suffer.

    HUGS Jim.

    ReplyDelete