Monday, March 16, 2015

Bluebonnets In The Big Bend Country

Went out to the place for a week.This is the best time for looking at all the bluebonnets that are blooming out there. If you ever head out that way you have to take the drive down Hwy 170 from Lajitas to Presidio. The best drive in Texas. Here are a few pictures of bluebonnets I took out there.











After the ride down Hwy 170 we headed to Big Bend the next day. Haven't been there in a while so here we went.






We were heading down the Old Ore road in Big Bend and after a few miles down that dirt road I see a grave on the side of the road.


It appears ole Juan was riding his horse down the Old Ore road back in 1932 and someone shot him off his horse. It was a couple of days before any one found old Juan and the heat of the desert had taken its toll on Juan so they buried him where he fell. If you want to read a little more about Ole Juan you can here.

It rained for a couple of days around the place and got a shot of my view from the front porch.


I took my tiller out there to till up where I had mowed the Johnson grass was. I tilled up and area and found out that I have some real deep dirt there so maybe I just might have me a garden out there one of these days.



 

8 comments:

  1. Wow!! Great pictures, I love them. The bluebonnets haven't bloomed here yet, but it is about time for them to do so. Of course, maybe they are blooming. . . I don't get out that much (grin).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks,Dizzy it was a great picture taking trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw the bluebonnets out behind our office building yesterday, here in Houston. Just a few as yet, but it shows that Spring (officially here on Friday) is really coming! Always love to see the blues - being a native Texan (6 generations now), they make me happy and proud.Didn't know they grew around Terlingua .......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Baby Sis,the bluebonnets out around the Big Bend area are huge some are over 3 feet tall. Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photo's and good history refresher course, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for stopping by,Suerte

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great photos!! I did that drive with someone who has lived in Terlingua for 30 years and she had never seen it so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos!! I did that drive with someone who has lived in Terlingua for 30 years and she had never seen it so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete