Sunday, June 23, 2013

BEN WOODS

Today is 1 year since my ole buddy Ben Woods passed away. I still have his blog "An Older Texan Remembers" on my blogs that I follow list. I go to it at times just to remember Ole Ben. I knew Ben from the 80's when I lived in Alpine Tx. we had some good times together with him and his wife Ann. It doesn't seem like its been a year since his passing, he is missed.



                                                    R.I.P. Ole Friend



 I haven't felt like writing much for about a month now I have some things going on in my life right now that I'm dealing with and and I just don't feel like writing hopefully things will start getting better in a month or so. I will probably be moving out to my place in Terlingua pretty soon and starting a new life out there. I don't have anything left here in Austin to keep me here and I'm ready to get the hell out of this hell hole.

Ballooning has been all but dead around here because of the wind so I've blasted a few stones for some people. I try to help people out that don't have a lot of money and can't afford to buy a headstone. I've been lucky so for from people giving me the stones to make the headstones out of and save some people a lot of money.  When I bought this setup headstones was the last thing I thought I'd be doing with it.This one is solid marble 3 inches thick, 3 feet long, and 2 feet tall and it weighs a ton. It took 4 of us to get it in my blast cabinet.





I took down all my hydro ponic stuff ,it is getting way to hot for the shallow water tubs I had and I'm starting to down size for the move so they had to come down. I will say one thing I did learn is once the tomato's started getting big they start using a hell of a lot of water. I was putting 6 - 8 gallons of water in that one 18 gallon tote every other day just before I took it down.










7 comments:

  1. I, too, miss ole Ben. Went up to see hime and stayed a couple of days. Really enjoyed the long visit and glad I did make the trip. I think he had that same hat and vest on. I believe his late wife made that for him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dizzy,that might be your picture I don't know where I got it from.

      Delete
  2. I remembered his passing today. Wonder whatever became of his kitties, his never used Casita and his home?

    Wish the family would have updated his blog so his followers would know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read his blog for years. Still have it bookmarked, but now it's gone. I wondered about his carpet sharks too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They must have just deleted it in the past couple of days. I believe a lady from down by the coast and fellow blogger which I can't remember her name took the cats.

      Delete
    2. You can go here and read some of his blogs on YouTube.
      http://www.youtube.com/channel/HCuV_FGSmK-I8

      Delete
  4. Type in autumn woods oregon bagal and get information on his daughter. Seems their bagal shop is for sale. hoodriverbagal.com is the bagal shop.

    ReplyDelete