Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to the hospital tomorrow.

I hope this trip back to the hospital will get some answers, it will be the 3rd time since I've had the damn heart attack. The first couple of weeks I felt great and then I started getting this burning in my chest again, then it turned into the same feeling I had when I had the heart attack, arms numb, bent over double like my chest was on fire, did some reading online about one drug they have me on, Plavix, that can cause chest pains from acid reflux. Went to the hospital last week with chest pains and after blood work and EKG they said it didn't look like I was having a heart attack. I explained to the doctor what I had read about Plavix causing these systems and he looks it up and decides that what is causing it and gives me a new script. for a drug that will cut back on my system making acid, well that did not work. I have been calling my heart doctor 3 times since this has been going on and had to leave messages with the promise I would be called back. I did get a call back Monday and I explained to his nurse that these pains felt just like I did when I had the heart attack and was told I needed to see the doctor which I have been trying to do for 3 weeks. I went today and he is concerned that my pains are just like the ones of my heart attack and wants to do another Angiogram tomorrow to see if something went wrong with the stint he put in or if there is more blockage in there. I hope something can get done about this pain it has gotten where I don't eat or drink anything for fear of having another one of these attacks, they last for around 30 minutes and are the most intense pain I have had to deal with and I've dealt with a lot of pain in my life time.
 I'm hoping I can get back to a normal life again all I do is set now , all my energy is gone, I'm out of breath most of the time and don't really feel like doing anything.

6 comments:

  1. I hope they find out what the cause of the pain is and fix it for good. I also hope it is nothing serious. Please keep us informed and you will be in our thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think i would want another doctor!! What kind of doc is he, to let you tell him what is what?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It would really bother me that they can't find the problem. Hope you get some relief soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like another area that is blocked, from my experience, let's expedite those test's, and I am praying for your relief asap.

    Suerte

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jim - I hope the doctor/s figure out what is causing the pain ASAP and help you to start feeling better. Please keep us updated to your progress.

    ReplyDelete